What is Community Justice?
- Key Legislation: Community Justice (Scotland) Act 2016
Community Justice is individuals, agencies and services working together to:
- support and supervise people who have committed offences
- prevent reoffending
- promote social inclusion and citizenship
Who is involved?
The legislation places responsibility on each Scottish Local Authority area to form Community Justice Partnerships to plan and manage concerned services. The Orkney Community Justice Partnership is formed by statutory and voluntary services and stakeholders. View minutes of meetings here.
Our local Priorities:
· Domestic Abuse
· Availability of suitable provision to deal with low and intermittent demand for forensic mental health services
· Prisoner Release and Transfer to the Community arrangements
Orkney Community Justice Needs Assessment
Community Justice Outcomes Improvement Plan (2018-2021)
Community Payback Orders in Orkney
- Key Legislation: The Criminal Justice and Licensing (Scotland) Act 2010
Community Payback Orders have an important role in promoting community participation and understanding and form the majority of sentences for Orkney Criminal Justice Social Work clients. For more information on the Community Payback Order in Scotland, click here.
Telephone: 01856 873535 extension 2697