Orkney Equality Forum
Orkney Equality Forum is an independent multi-agency group. It’s role is to encourage a co-ordinated approach to the promotion of equality in Orkney and embed good practice in equalities within the normal business of its members. The Forum’s remit includes the following:
- Engage actively with all minority and remote communities
- Challenge discrimination, harassment and victimisation wherever we can
- Tackle prejudice and promote understanding and inclusion
- Promote awareness, understanding and inclusivity
- Fulfil our statutory duties in letter and spirit
- Strive towards best practice individually and in partnership
Membership includes the following (this is a non-exhaustive list): VAO/Volunteer Centre, NHS Orkney, HIE, Age Concern Orkney, Orkney Blide Trust, Orkney Islands Council and Women’s Aid Orkney.
Minutes of the Forum's meetings can be found here, along with other documents developed by the Forum that may be of interest.
If you would like further information about Orkney Equality Forum or have questions regarding equality and diversity in Orkney please contact Andrew Groundwater, Head of HR and Performance, Orkney Islands Council by telephone on 01856 873535 ext 2250 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org